As SAISI is driven to provide continuous learning opportunities to all our members through various platforms. Aside from our formal courses, additional workshops, and publications we introduced the SAISI journal clubs in 2018. Through the journal clubs we aim to provide all members the opportunity to access, discuss and learn from relevant information in the field of Ayers Sensory Integration and related topics. To maximise the learning opportunity the articles are discussed in a group format and questionnaires completed individually. Just some basic information:
- Journal clubs are FREE for all SAISI members.
- Every year SAISI provides 6/8 reviewed journal articles with relevant questionnaires (online through CPD solutions). Attendance of every journal meeting as well as completing the online questionnaire, earns you 3 points per journal, 18/24 per year.
- Any paid up SAISI members can form part of a journal group.
- You may join an established group or start your own, with a minimum amount of 3 members.
- During the course of the year, your group must arrange 6 meetings (whenever suitable for the members), where these 6 articles must be presented by one of the members and discussed for at least one hour in the group.
- Members in outlying areas may meet over skype if needed.
- Every club must submit a “year-planner” with dates of the journal meetings as well as the CV’s of all the presenting therapists at the start of the year. The attendance register must be submitted after every meeting via email and all via hard copy at the end of the year to the SAISI office.
- One has to attend all 6 meetings and complete all 6 questionnaires to receive 3 points per journal, otherwise only 1 point per journal will be earned.
Please contact the SAISI office for further information or to join a group in your area.