Evaluation of Ayres Sensory Integration (EASI) 3D tactile shapes
The South African Institute for Sensory Integration (SAISI) has partnered with the Product Development Technology Station (PDTS) who is an approved supplier to provide the 3D printed shapes of the Tactile Perception Test of the Evaluation of Ayres Sensory Integration (EASI). The sets of 3D shapes are currently provided to the EASI International Normative Data Collection testers.
All parts of the tactile shapes are printed according to specifications and quality set by the developers of the EASI e.g. approved plastic materials (PLA, PETG) used for printing, specifically food grade materials (FDA) for Tactile Perception (Shapes-Oral) as well as the printing process (nozzle on 3D printer) for oral shapes.
Each 3D printed sets include the following:
- Shapes, Part I (TP:Part1):
- One set of 15 black shapes with embedded magnets
- One set of 10 blue shapes with embedded magnets
- Shapes, Part 2 (TP:Part2):
- One set of 12 green shapes with embedded magnets
- One set of 12 yellow shapes embedded magnets
- One set of 5 green tiles with magnet bottom and 4 yellow tiles
- Shapes, Oral (TP:O):
- One set of 12 shapes and 12 nuts