SAISI SASIC ASI® COURSES
SASIC 1 Theory Course (synchronous online)
SASIC 2 Test Administration Course (two parts):
- SASIC 2 CLASI M2 (asynchronous online via CLASI)
- SASIC 2 CLASI M3 (on-site presented by SAISI)
SASIC 3 Interpretation Course (on-site)
SASIC 4 Intervention Course (on-site)
After completion of each SASIC course, and prior to subsequent SASIC courses, certain pre- and post-course activities must be completed in time, in order to be eligible to attend the next course. Course participants must check the SAISI website regarding the pre- and post-course submission dates, including all the SASIC course requirements before they submit their pre- and post-course activities.
All the SASIC courses and post course activities (assessments and assignments) must be completed within a time frame of seven years. The year that you attend the SASIC 1 Theory Course is year 1 and the year that you have to submit and pass your Fidelity Measure (usually 7-8 months following the SASIC 4 Intervention Course) will be counted as year seven.
If the above is not possible due to extra-ordinary reasons, a formal motivation letter must be submitted to SAISI who will consider each case on its specific merits. Certain SASIC courses (or parts thereof) and certain pre- and post-course activities (assessments and assignments) may have to be repeated and a new time frame (deadline for completion of all SASIC courses and post-course activities with final Fidelity Measure submission) will be set. An administration fee of R1000 *subject to change for extensions will be payable.
- If a course participant is not a paid-up SAISI member by April 2024, the course participant will not be eligible to become ASI® trained and attend the SASIC courses presented by SAISI.
- Course participants must ensure that their contact details are correct and up-to-date in the SAISI database, as well as ensure that their SAISI membership fees are paid.
- Course participants will receive CPD points for all courses as accredited by an appointed Accreditation Committee.
- Since 2022 SAISI teaches the EASI® (in lieu of the previous SIPT®). Reasons for this transition includes that internationally, ICEASI member countries are now only including the EASI in their training, due to its relevance in terms of cost effectiveness, availability and fairness of use as international norms including those of South African children, are used in scoring the EASI.
- Updated SASIC course information is available on the SAISI website.
- SASIC course applications are processed online here.
- Online application and registration for SASIC courses adhere to strict closing dates. It will therefore not be possible to apply once these dates have been passed, unless SAISI issues notification that the given deadline date has been extended.
- Course participants must attend all SASIC course contact hours. SAISI will keep to the policy for any missing hours/time at a course and these are strictly monitored. The hourly rate for compulsory mentoring of any missing time at a course is R600 *subject to change per hour. See policy for missing hours here contact us
PLEASE NOTE: SAISI reserves the right to alter course requirements (including SASIC course structure and pre- and post-course activities) at any time during the ASI® training process to ensure quality training. Any changes will be communicated to course participants, however it remains the course participant’s responsibility to keep up to date with the latest information via the SAISI website and other applicable communication channels, as well as to adhere to these set requirements.
PAYMENT OF COURSES
- A 15% deposit must accompany the application for each SASIC course. The deposit will be returned if the course participant’s application was unsuccessful (such as when the specific SASIC course is full or when the course participant cancels the application before the course deadline / closing date for applications). Any cancellations by the course participant after the closing date for the given SASIC course, will result in a charge of 15% of the total SASIC course fee, which will be used for administrative costs (the 15% deposit will therefore be lost).
- Cancellations by the course participant within one week or less before the commencement of the specific SASIC course will forfeit 100% of the SASIC course fee, unless the course participant’s place can be filled on the course, in which case the 15% deposit will be forfeited.
Disclaimer: Online Applications
By accessing and using the SAISI website, and by accessing and completing the Online Application Form, the User agrees to be bound by the terms set out in this legal notice. If the User does not wish to be bound by these terms, the User may not access, display, use, complete or submit the application form, download, or otherwise copy or distribute any content obtained from the website.
SAISI reserves the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these terms, and changes to these terms will become effective when the changes are posted on the website. SAISI will notify the User of the changes by posting a prominent notice on the website. The User’s continued use of the website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered acceptance of the terms, including any changes or updates.
SAISI accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered as a result of, or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, from information made available on the website or Online Registration Form, and actions or transaction resulting therefrom.
Website and Online Application Form
While SAISI has taken care to ensure that the contents of the website and the Application Form are accurate, these are “as is” and may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. The User’s use of and reliance on the information on this website and the online services are entirely at the User’s own risk. All information published on this website is subject to change without notice.
While SAISI makes every effort to ensure using this website is a hassle-free experience, SAISI does not warrant that the functions provided by the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site or the server is free from viruses or other harmful components.
Protection of the privacy of Users and their information:
SAISI takes the protection of Personal Information very seriously and for this reason it takes all reasonably practicable measures to protect the Personal Information of the User and to keep it confidential. Personal Information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to the User, for example, information to be provided on the Online Application Form, such as the name, identity number, practice number, physical address and email address of the User.
SAISI respects the User’s right to privacy and therefore aims to ensure that it complies with the legal requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act which regulates the manner in which SAISI collects, processes, stores, shares and destroys any personal information which the User has provided to it. Whenever the User uses this website, completes a form, contacts SAISI electronically, or uses one of the services or facilities offered by SAISI, SAISI may collect Personal Information about the User. SAISI collects Personal Information so that it may:
- Communicate with the User;
- Respond to any query or comment received from the User;
- Commence and complete the registration process;
- Enable SAISI to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services; and
- Be used specifically for the purposes for which the information was provided.
This information will only be used by SAISI for the purposes for which it was provided, i.e., to register the User for the training course selected. SAISI will only share the User’s personal information:
- in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on SAISI;
- in order to protect and defend the rights or property of SAISI; and
- with employees and/or third parties who assist SAISI in providing the services the User requested and therefore require the User’s personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. SAISI will ensure that all such employees and third-party service providers, having access to the User’s personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
For further information, please read our privacy and data protection policy